Sunday, August 24, 2008

Celebration of Cooking

My sweetie left very early this morning. Not much that's exciting about that! We've agreed to plan our next visit within the next 2 weeks, so we'll have something to look forward to and soon.

But I did console myself just now with a bacon and cheese dip I made myself! It was YUMMY!!

So I thought it might be fun to make a list of all the yummy things I've made since the Great Cooking Experiment began :) ...

spaghetti
mediterranean herb foccacia bread
apple spice cake
almond pound cake w/ strawberries & whipped cream
almond pound cake with pineapples & whipped cream
basil pesto spaghetti
basil pesto dip
cheese sauce (for pasta)
bacon and cheese dip
Parmesan bread
green beans with garlic & onion seasoning
brown rice with garlic & onion seasoning
mashed potatoes with bacon and garlic seasoning
garlic bread

And probably a few more that I haven't thought of that I just tried on the spur of the moment.

Many of these cooking successes were made with seasonings, mixes or recipes from Tastefully Simple. My consultant has been a very encouraging cooking coach.

I even bought a cooking set from Martha Stewart (on sale) which I have totally fallen in love with and use almost every day! They clean up do easily!!

I think, looking ahead, that I'd like to experiment with rice dishes, more pasta & cheese recipes, sandwiches, breads and desserts. My son and I are trying to move toward more vegetarian living, but we haven't gotten there yet. Meanwhile, I'm trying to focus more on meatless recipes.

It's much more fun than I thought it would be but that's because of all the things I discovered that have made it easier!

BTW, I made dinner for my sweetie the other night and she loved it!! I call it the night I conquered the cheese sauce.

And cooking with her this week was a blast, as well. I also like cooking with my son.

I'd say the Great Cooking Experiment is going well!

No comments: