Friday, September 26, 2008

A Friday Five for Johnny Appleseed Day

First of all, I had no idea whatsoever that this was Johnny Appleseed Day!

1. What is your favorite apple dish? (BIG BONUS points if you share the recipe.)

My favorite apple dish is apple pie a la mode with whipped cream on top. No recipe to share because I usually go out to eat it.

I think the best piece of apple pie I ever tasted was at Brutti's restaurant in downtown Portsmouth, VA! YUM!!!

2. Have you ever planted a tree? If so was there a special reason or occasion you can tell us about?

I am still having trouble keeping my plant alive (a not-so-hardy mum, thanks to me!) so no tree-planting.

3. Does the idea of roaming around the countryside (preaching or otherwise) appeal to you? Why or why not?

No. The farthest I roam is out to the balcony :). Not really, but I do like to stay home! I put a lot of time and energy into making sure it feels like a warm hug whenever I'm here.

4. Who is a favorite "historical legend" of yours?

I don't think I have one.

5. Johnny Appleseed was said to sing to keep up his spirits as he traveled the roads of the west. Do you have a song that comes when you are trying to be cheerful, or is there something else that you often do?

I love to sing!!! If it's quiet long enough, a radio turns on inside my head and eventually, I'll be singing along.

But if I'm down-in-the-dumps, I'm more likely to turn the TV on and lose myself in a movie, or curl up on the couch and read a book.

2 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

"...a radio turns on inside my head..." Hee hee! I know just what you mean. Thanks for playing. :-)

Sally said...

Your own personal radio, playing all the tracks you like :-) great!!!