Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day Reflections...




On Monday night, my son and I went to our church's Christmas Eve service and it was magical!!

The liturgical dancers, the soloists, the readings, the dim lighting and the candlelight singing in the courtyard, even the clown, were all amazing.

On Christmas morning, he and I opened presents here and then, went to my mom's to open gifts. It was a 3-hour long extravaganza, complete with yummy pancakes, after which, I was quite tired and not inclined to see or talk to anyone for a while. I had planned to come back and watch Miracle on 34th Street, but instead, we watched Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus.

I wasn't feeling so good yesterday and I'm not feeling so good today, either! It's kinda getting me down a little. Though I love to choose to relax, I hate to be sidelined! And I'm a little worried, but trying to think positively.

Today, we had more gifts to open. Our presents from my wife were stuck in the apartment's office so we couldn't get them until this morning. Jonathan was SO excited to open them and then, so pleased with them, as was I!

That's him, above, looking through his new binoculars! :)

No comments: