Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday Two: Care Package

When I was in college, I looked forward to getting care packages from my family. I think the idea of it felt even better than the real thing did when it arrived. They say it's the thought that counts and I tend to agree!

Yesterday, a care package arrived from my wife, with presents for me and my son and "the perfect card" that she has been excited for me to receive ever since she found it.

It started me thinking today about care packages, both physical and figurative (emails, PMs, pics, phone calls). So here's a Tuesday Two about care packages...

1) What have you received recently, literally or figuratively, that made you feel loved?

My sweetie's perfect card! Here's a quote from it...

"I know it's crazy for me to think you're never more than a heartbeat away when there are so many miles between us. But in the precious moments when we're together, it's like the stars are perfectly aligned and everything's right with the world. And those moments are so incredible, that once they've passed, I can't get them--or you--off my mind."

2) What have you done recently, literally or figuratively, to express love or caring for someone else?

I created a scrapbook for my wife and sent it to her. In addition to pictures of us, and our family, I included journaling which expressed how much I love her and how much she means to me.

Bonus question: what has happened recently between you and God recently that felt like a demonstration of God's love for you?

Through a series of circumstances, I was able to get more clear about what I think I am meant to do.

~~~~~

So that's our Tuesday Two, gay Christian bloggers (and friends)! Post a link in the comments if you play.

3 comments:

Lisa Kennedy said...

1) What have you received recently, literally or figuratively, that made you feel loved?
Hugs and kisses from my daughter.
And many adoring words of love from my longdistance girlfriend.

2) What have you done recently, literally or figuratively, to express love or caring for someone else?
brought groceries for my landlady when she was low on cash and needed food, but was too proud to ask,-
and i didnt know that she needed food, i just insisted on buying her some groceries in exchange for her
driving me to the market.

i proposed to my girlfriend and i brought her a ring, and then sent it to her.


Bonus question: what has happened recently between you and God recently that felt like a demonstration of God's love for you?
---I am constantly learning to rely on God for everything and to be specific in my thanking Him
for all that I have.
And God has shown me thru scriptures and thru how others respond to me and i to them,
that God is still with me and has mercy on me.

Lisa Kennedy said...

hi jeanine,
my girlfriend's name is Aida. She is 28, and wonderfully old-fashioned.

I think we both fell in love with each other just last month.

And we speach alot of family, and committment.

We are still hoping to meet very soon, but her dad has cancer, so, she lives at home with her parents and tries to help them as best she can.

And she actually wants to wait until marriage--Can you believe it!

She grew up Catholic, but has strayed away from the love that she had for the church,because of her being gay. But never did she stray from her love for God, (Thank you Jesus!).

I asked her to marry me late last month.
But not seriously, until, this month. April 22nd.

I brought her a ring, and was planning on proposing when she came for her visit here.
But, those plans didnt work out.
So, I took pictures of the ring on my hand, and made little posters with my proposal written down.
it was sort of like a proxy kind of thing, i did.

and then i shared the pictures with her over the yahoo chat shared pictures section.....then she took a picture back with her answer of yes.

I will post some of the pictures on this blog, when i get a chance.

Lisa Kennedy said...

im still learning how to post and in what boxes.