Friday, May 2, 2008

A Prayerful Friday Five

Prayer is a joy to some of us, and a chore to others, waiting likewise can be filled with anticipation or anxiety....So how do you wait and pray?

1. How do you pray best, alone or with others?

Alone, using contemplative prayer or healing techniques with visualization.

I rarely use words anymore, or not very many.

2. Do you enjoy the discipline of waiting, is it a time of anticipation or anxiety?

No I can be rather impatient. It depends, though. When I am sure of something, I enjoy anticipation, sometimes more than what I'm waiting for, really. But if I am unsure, I hate waiting.

3. Is there a time when you have waited upon God for a specific promise?

Well, I am sure there have been several! But the one that just came to mind began when I was 9 years old. I was being abused and basically, had a sort of out-of-body experience where I told God I wasn't going back.

God promised me that if I did, I would be healed and my life would be happy.

Well, the unfolding of that promise took more than 30 years!! But God kept that promise.

4. Do you prefer stillness or action?

Stillness. In prayer and in life, in general.

(*cough* Couch potato *cough*) (*cough* Love to read *cough*)

5. If ( and this is slightly tongue in cheek) you were promised one gift spiritual or otherwise what would you choose to recieve?

Wealth! (Hello...)

:)

2 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

WOW! for number three, and laughing out loud at #5.

revhipchick said...

love it! the couch potato thing totally had me laughing!

a painful yet beautiful answer to #3. thank you for sharing--it offers a great deal of hope for those struggling (or being with those who are struggling) with abuse and healing.

thanks for coming by my blog--i LOVED that your "man" request was your son--absolutely wonderful! thank you for sharing it!