Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wade in the Water

Wade in the water
Wade in the water, children
Wade in the water
God's gonna trouble the water

Sigh. What an awesome, super-duper fantastic service we had today!

The themes were sacred circle, water and inclusion.

My cutie-patootie son joined the other Creative Kids to sing the introit.

There was a baby baptism and a memory jogger for the grown-ups. While we sang "Wade in the Water", there was a "remembering your baptism" experience. Our pastor and other ministers dipped feathers into water and reminded us of God's love, and grace, and forgiveness.

The sermon was about letting go of the past.

He talked about forgiveness and said...

1) Refusing to forgive is like taking poison and hoping someone else dies. I'd heard that before, but what a powerful reminder!

2) It's not the offense you forgive, it's the person! Well... I'd never quite thought of it that way before.

After the sermon, and before we actually sang the song ourselves, liturgical dancers waded into my soul with a very funky version of the song.

I loved the whole service today and even though I am feeling just a wee bit under the weather, I am so glad I went!

No comments: