So let's make this easy, if we can: tell us five things you need to accomplish before Christmas Eve...
Well, my Christmas gifts are all wrapped and I am officially on vacation until next year. After tomorrow, my son will be, as well.
We studied different midwinter celebrations and have decided to choose a couple of ways to celebrate the winter solstice, Hanukkah and the 12 days of Christmas. Lots of candle-lighting, some saying of blessings, singing a dreidel song we found online, reading a couple of psalms, singing one verse for each of the 12 days and, of course, watching Christmas movies :).
1) Get my friend Mark's address so I can send him a card (because he sent me one).
2) Record the brief video I will send by email to friends and relatives that will have a link to my family newsletter.
3) Take gifts over to my mom's house for her and my sister and her family and place them under the tree so they will be there already when we come over on Christmas day.
4) Decide exactly what I will make for the family Christmas brunch. So far, I'm thinking apple cinnamon bread.
5) Start celebrating! The winter solstice is this Sunday.
Merry Christmas, everyone!!