Thursday, January 24, 2008

Grief Is Normal. Just Not Pleasant!

In my life, in 2008, I am the happiest I've ever been. But right now, not so much!

Integrating loss into the personal fabric of my life is such a challenge. Because it literally stops me in my tracks! Stunned, like a deer caught by headlights, frozen and wondering what to do. Apparently, celebrities we like belong to us and become part of the family. At least, that's been my experience.

And even weirder, I have been feeling somewhat comforted by Heath's energy. Am I imagining it? I don't know. Do I imagine God's presence?

It makes me really strongly suspect that we have access to loved ones after they die and they, to us. I have had that thought before. I've often felt like my father was with me, here and there, trying to make up for the ghastly childhood he created for me. And after a while, I accepted that that was what was happening. I've heard others say the same thing.

But if I can be comforted by someone I never met, then what else is possible?

No comments: