Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Heaven of Memories

We've been taking a look at the Easter stories and while I was reading my own Bible, my son got out his children's collection.

"Mommy, I think I found another prayer we can say!"

And then, he read it to me...

Our Father who is in Heaven
Holy is your name,
May your Kingdom come,
May your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us our food each day,
Forgive us the wrongs we have done,
As we forgive the wrongs others have done to us.
Do not let us be tempted to do wrong.
But save us from evil.

As he stumbled over a few of the words, I continued to surprise him by being able to guess what that next word might be :).

"How did you know that?"

So adorable!

There are so many wonderful, precious moments like that that I wish I could somehow record so I could take them out in the years to come and enjoy them again and again. I do that, of course, as often as I can. But there are some moments you just can't take a picture of.

Now if I was the one designing heaven, that's one of the things I would fill it with--a widescreen, high-definition recording of every wonderful memory, great and small. The look on his face, the childish giggle, the sweet smile, the feel of an enthusiastic hug!

They'd all be there to watch and listen to over and over again.

No comments: