Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Beachin' Friday Five

From Mother Laura, at RevGalBlogPals...

So in honor of summer, please share your own beachy memories, plans, and dreams with a "Beach Trip" Friday Five.

1. Ocean rocks, lake limps? Vice versa? Or "it's all beautiful in its own way"?

I love both! It's all beautiful.

2. Year round beach living: Heaven...or the Other Place?

Oh, I would love to live on the water year-round. A house on the beach or the lake would be heaven! That's my dream.

3. Any beach plans for this summer?

I don't think so. My wife and I have thought about going to Myrtle Beach in August, but I don't think we actually will.

4. Best beach memory ever?

I've had so many wonderful beach memories, I can't pick just one. I was just remembering as many as I could, sifting through them for the one that was most special, but they were all special.

My trip with my wife to Myrtle Beach a couple of years ago (we weren't married yet) might be my best beach memory, but that one doesn't involve the actual beach. We spent all our time at Broadway at the Beach.

5. Fantasy beach trip?

Renting a beach cottage for a week or two with my wife and kids. We'd like to go to Basin Harbor Club in Vermont sometime, but there are other places we'd like to go, as well.

Bonus: Share a piece of music/poetry/film/book that expresses something about what the beach means to you.

I love to read novels that are set on the beach or at a lake! It makes the beach one of the characters.

I actually just finished writing a story with the beach as backdrop (I write in the BBM fandom). It made it more fun to write because I got to smell the salty air, feel the caress of the ocean breezes and gaze out at the ocean, listening to the waves, right along with my characters.

6 comments:

Processing Counselor said...

Myrtle Beach, hmmm. Is it nice? What's BBM fandome?

Mary Beth said...

Never been to Myrtle Beach. Have to put it on the list!

Jan said...

Myrtle Beach sounds like fun!

Auntie Knickers said...

Great play, but I really think you two should go to the beach, even if you can't make Myrtle Beach, go to some beach or lakeshore!

Katy V. said...

I'm with you...being NEAR the beach is as good as being AT the beach...just being in the environment is fun!

Diane M. Roth said...

I've never been to Myrtle Beach, but I'm now intrigued...