Thursday, June 12, 2008

"School's Out for Summer!"

Okay, well, it's not quite...

But we are finishing up this week, so I hope to be singing that line at the end of the day tomorrow! For the past few years, I have ended the year with a book full of core knowledge info for his grade to make sure we've covered most of what's essential during the year. But I think next year, I may begin with that book, so I can avoid the year-end anxiety about finishing.

I'm very proud of my son, though, and must take a moment to brag!

In part because of what happened to his "best friend" (he has several), Tristan, and partly because of other things that came up in the past few weeks, we are a little bit behind. So I told my son we might need to add on a week or so past what the public school kids are doing. Well, he would not have it and was determined to finish on time, even if it meant some intense catching up.

Well, this morning, he got up early, grabbed the book and read for two hours before taking a break and has been very enthusiastic about continuing with me once I was ready to join him!

And he plowed through a lot of material!!

Of course, we will review some of it again, to make sure he actually ingested it, but his effort and his reading ability really impressed me.

I think we just might finish on schedule!

No comments: