Saturday, January 12, 2008

Winter, Hibernation and Comfort Food

Briefly, I was forced to leave the warmth and comfort of my home this afternoon, and I could not wait to get back!

I need a wife! ... Okay, I have a wife. But since she is in Canada right now, sending her out for groceries is a comforting and romantic notion but a practical impossibility.

I am enjoying a really wonderful hibernation this winter, especially on dreary days like this. I allow a slower pace, I make comfort food, I let my couch hug me while I read or watch movies, and I light my candles and listen to soothing music.

This afternoon I am listening to my favorite holiday CD by Shawn Colvin and I have a cinnamon stick candle burning nearby. For lunch, Jonathan and I had soup and a sandwich.

It was wonderful! The soup was bacon and bean soup, to which I added pieces of bacon. YUM! The sandwich was turkey and bacon. To drink: sweet tea. Jonathan had pomegranate/cranberry juice.

I don't even mind the dreary weather, now that I am comfy and cozy inside!

No comments: