Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Five: Signs of Spring...

What have you seen/ heard this week that was a :

1. Sign of hope?
My wife was in terrible pain earlier in the week (toothache)! For a few days in a row, I used distant healing to help her and it worked. And quickly!

2. An unexpected word of light in a dark place?
I posted yesterday about the feelings my aunt expressed about my marriage. The word of light came from my mom, not only to my aunt, but to me, as she recounted their conversation.

3. A sign of spring?
Flowers are beginning to bloom all over the place! I think what I wait for is the spring green that decorates the trees, but the flowers foreshadow it, so I know it's coming.

4. Challenging/ surprising?
The vehemence of my aunt's objection to my sexuality and my marriage and her stated wish "not to be confronted with it." Though she didn't say it to me, I'm sure she knew I would hear about it, so I think hers is the most negative response I've gotten--unless you count the two-year silence from one of my friends after I came out to her.

5. Share a hope for the coming week/month/year....
Well, if you've been following along, you might know where I'm headed here ... my hope is to be at peace about my aunt's feelings. Even if I don't go to the family reunion, I am still carrying her words in my energy field and need to release that energy.

Bonus play... a piece of music/ poem guaranteed to cheer you? :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmH61C8cmG8

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Just didn't want to lurk... now off to read more. So glad to stumble across your blog.

Sue said...

Oh my goodness. I haven't heard that tune in years! Thanks for the chuckle.

It's interesting that I should find your blog today. Last week a friend gave me the contact info for a woman in our city who practices reiki. I am going to consult with her about my chronic daily headache pain.

Jeanine Byers said...

Hey, Swandive!

So glad you've come to visit!

Sue, I hope you feel better soon. My crystals are bathing in rainwater right now. As soon as that's done, I'll add to them to reiki and other healing stuff and send you some distant healing.