Thursday, December 20, 2007

Chasing Away Winter

My goal was to make my next post about what I'm looking forward to in the next year. But I have a far more important task at the moment! I am chasing away a touch of winter blues. I'm also getting to the end of this month's cycle. I imagine that has contributed to this brief touch of melancholy.

I was quite liberal this morning when I put on the soothing oil blend I use, aptly called Peace & Calming.

And I have fallen in love with Shawn Colvin's "In the Bleak Midwinter" and somehow, I'm finding it and all the songs that follow, quite comforting. I also have just taken a long bath, and had a mindful breakfast. This time I actually tasted the winter apple flavoring in my glass of iced tea!

I'm sitting out on my balcony, letting the sun warm me. Watching the breeze ruffle the trees.

"Christmas time is here..."

No comments: