Saturday, December 22, 2007

What About After Christmas?

I had a depressing thought last night and woke up thinking about it this morning...

I have been having a truly wonderful Christmas season!! And part of what has made it so wonderful is that I have celebrated every day. In little ways and big ways. With winter apple tea and cookies, with Shawn Colvin, with Christmas homeschooling, with decorations, with an almost nightly Christmas movie. And all of America and around the world has celebrated with me.

But in just two short weeks, that will all be over!

And then what???

I think that is usually what makes January and February a challenge. And I remember thinking about it briefly last year and the year before that, but I was still working part-time then and was so focused on the relief I would feel when the holiday rush was over that I didn't worry about it too much.

But this season has been nearly magical! ...

I need a plan!!

Some way to transition into non-holiday. A way to make garden-variety winter feel special. Maybe I will incorporate this idea into my thoughts about what I want for the new year. A way to have some sense of ritual, tradition and celebration all the time...

If you're reading this, and I wonder if anyone is, and you have ideas, lay 'em on me!

No comments: