Saturday, December 15, 2007

Missing the Moon

For about two minutes, I sat out on the balcony, looking at the place where the moon should be, listening to the pitter patter of the rain and lifting my face to the occasional breeze that drifted in and then, out, again. Before heading in, I wondered briefly why this afternoon's strawberry milkshake hadn't cheered me up more and fantasized about sipping from a glass of wine as I gazed moonward.

It's so cloudyfoggy outside and has been all day! Normally, I love the rain but today, I guess I needed warmth and comfort instead of fresh, airy freedom.

It has been a blah day, kind of mundane.

I miss my sweetie and I won't get to talk to her tonight because she has a day-long work conference followed by dinner. I am likely to be in bed by the time she gets home.

But in about 45 minutes, I'll be watching what I hope will turn out to be a mildly engaging, slightly-silly-but-romantic holiday movie. I've decided against the Hallmark epic romance I was considering, which would require more emotional energy than I want to spend tonight, and am opting, instead, for the family channel.

At some point, while watching, I will dive into my nightly bowl of cereal while looking for Brokeback Mountain or Sports Night slash to read.

And maybe later, I'll laugh while watching Will & Grace. I'm smiling just thinking about it! :)

No comments: