Friday, January 18, 2008

Reading and Writing

I was just thinking about how much my family, all four of us, but particularly my son and I love both to read and to write.

I have always been an avid reader! I think my son may be heading in the same direction. In fact, we just finished Little House in the Big Woods and he is eager to get to the 2nd in the series. I read that series when I was young, too, but have been enjoying it again.

And I wrote short stories as a child and teenager, but have only written a few as an adult.

And it just dawned on me today that Jonathan has created several stories (he calls them books)...

Snow Days
Why Not to Lie
Fix-It Monkeys
the Boy in the Army


Some of his stories have words, others just have pictures, but what's cool is that he wants to tell stories.

I have one I made up that I used to tell him sometimes before he went to sleep. He'd say, "Mommy, tell me another Prince Jonathan story!" :).

Right now, I've got a book on Intuitive Reiki I've been meaning to get to and not too long ago, I was re-reading the Emotional Home.

My guilty reading pleasure, my dirty little secret, is my love affair with Brokeback Mountain fan fiction. I've written some, but read it voraciously. I've also read Sports Night, Everwood and Boy Meets World slash. I'd like to write more. It's a great way to practice! But I just don't have the energy right now, I don't think.

Maybe later.

No comments: