Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Homeschooling to Unschooling

Though I am still learning what unschooling means, I have begun a shift in that direction and am eager to learn more about it.

One change I want to make is broadening the options for what can constitute homeschooling. And I want him to have more choices. I'd like to be able to say "here are some ideas, what sounds good to you?".

And I'd like to include more play...

From an article, How to Raise A Happy Kid, provided by Associated Content, Inc., ...

"Unstructured play hones children's imagination, teaches critical problem-solving skills, and trains them to tolerate frustration. It also helps children learn that doing things again and again leads to improvement. In fact, play is the most important "work" your child can do."

No comments: